Zip Line and Canopy Tours in Cabo San Lucas
When people plan a trip to Cabo San Lucas, they are most likely dreaming of white sandy beaches, margaritas, snorkeling, fishing, nightlife, and many more activities by the sea. But, the most exciting adventures are just a short shuttle away. Zip line tours in Cabo San Lucas are quickly becoming the most popular activity during people’s Mexico getaway. Why spend all seven days lounging in the same chair when you can head out for an adrenaline rush racing down zip lines high above Baja’s valleys? The entire family will love the Cabo San Lucas canopy zip line adventure and you will return home with some of the best memories of your Mexico vacation.
What to expect
Fun, excitement, beautiful views of the landscape, and a great time. Zip line and canopy tours through Baja Sur will get your blood pumping and provide a lot of fun at the same time. No matter what tour operator you choose, they will pick you up at your resort and take you out to where the rivers are flowing in Baja. Generally, it will be a 1-2 hour drive and once you arrive they will give you a short educational course to teach you the ropes... literally. Every canyon canopy tour is different and some will be all zip lines, some will have several ropes obstacles along the way, and one even has a giant bungee jump for the thrill seekers in the group.Throw your harnesses on, load up on the trucks, and climb to the top of where the zip line course begins.
The employees are all very well trained and certified to guide you through the course while keeping everyone safe. They are professionals, so although they may perform some tricks to please the crowed, do not try to do them yourself. The group will work their way down the zip lines and come back out by the headquarters where you can relax for a second and have a refreshment and some snacks before heading back to your resort pool. From the time you leave your resort until the time you return, the approximately 5 hour trip will be filled with fun.
Although several parts of the tour can be strenuous, and you will probably break a sweat, almost everyone can have a great time on a zip line course in Cabo. From 10 year old kids to 60 year old grandparents, everyone will enjoy the challenge and adrenaline rush of flying down a zip line at speeds up to 60mph. For just under $90 on average, you will have a day filled with adventure and get to experience a completely different side of Los Cabos that you may not have known existed.
What to bring
This is important to consider because just packing a bikini and board shorts won’t cut it on this tour. You will need to bring the following items, and a few are just for good measure:
- Close toed shoes - Good tennis shoes or hiking boots are preferable.
- Long pants that cover your entire leg.
- Empty your pockets before the tour.
- Glasses - If you need to wear glasses, be sure you have a strap to secure them when you are zip lining.
- Sunscreen - Lather up before the adventure and probably 1-2 more times during the trip; Cabo has a very hot sun.
- Insect Repellent - If bugs love your blood, be sure to spray your body before venturing into the Baja Sur jungle.
- Camera - Some tours will require you to leave your camera behind at base camp and will provide a professional photographer. Check in advance if you should bring your own camera.
- Cash - You will have an option of buying souvenirs, photos, and additional snacks at the end so do not forget to bring some pesos along.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it safe? Yes! All of the tour operators have extensive experience and are certified to provide you with a safe yet thrilling adventure. There are several safety measures taken to ensure that no one gets hurt during the tour. Only the highest quality gear is used and you are securely fastened in using a rock climbing harness to prevent any accidents from happening.
- What happens if I let go of the zip line? By letting go of the zip line you are essentially releasing the hand that was controlling the direction your body was pointing (forward). So the worst thing that can happen is that you spin around in circles a bit, but even that probably won’t happen unless you try to on purpose. You are safely secured to two zip lines whether or not you are holding on.
- What is the minimum age requirement or age limit? Kids ages 8 and up can go on the canyon canopy tours but double check with your operator because some have a height requirement. As long as you’re still moving around okay, there is not age limit for flying down zip lines in Cabo.
- What is the weight limit for the tours? The professional equipment provided can accommodate up to 250 or 300 pounds maximum for the zip line tours.
- Do they provide snacks and water? All of the tours will have several items included in the price such as water, chips, sandwiches, and even a tequila tasting sometimes (at the end of course).
- Do I need to be in top physical shape for the tour? You don’t need to be an olympic athlete, but you should be able to easily move around without getting exhausted easily. Some of the zip line courses can be strenuous, but 8 year old kids can do it just fine so that should be a good measure of whether or not you can.
Zip Line Tour Operators
Wild Canyon Adventures: http://www.wildcanyon.com.mx/
Cabo Adventures: http://www.cabo-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure
Canopy Costa Azul: http://www.canopycostaazul.com/
Desertica Multiadventure Park: (info @ http://www.loscabosguide.com/deserticaloscabos/)
SIGN UP AND SAVE
Get access to special rates and exclusive pricing available to members only
Member Only Deals
Save nearly 80%!